1. General Terms Applicable To All Users
This Online Service Agreement ("Agreement") states the terms and conditions that govern your use of Chase OnlineSM, Chase Mobile®, Chase Pay®, Chase Online for Business Banking, and J.P. Morgan Online and any applicable software products and associated documentation we may provide through those websites and mobile applications, or to use the products, services or functionality offered through those websites and mobile applications, ("Software") and certain third party digital platforms as determined by us from time to time (collectively, the "Online Service"). As used herein, the terms "Bank", "Chase", "us," "we," or "our" means JPMorgan Chase Bank, National Association, or the affiliate of such entity that holds your accounts or provides you services and any agent, independent contractor, designee, or assignee the we may, at our sole discretion, involve in the provision of the Online Service; "you" or "your" means (1) an individual or entity that is the owner of an account or a party-in-interest to an account (such as a grantor, beneficiary or co-trustee of a trust account) or (2) an individual authorized by an account owner or a party-in-interest to view account information and/or effect transactions in an account; and "Card" refers to the credit or debit card issued by us.
Products and services described, as well as associated fees, charges, interest rates and balance requirements, may differ among geographic locations. Not all products and services are offered at all locations. By offering this Online Service and information, products or services via the Online Service, we make no distribution or solicitation to any person to use the Online Service or such information, products or services in jurisdictions where the provision of the Online Service and such information, products or services is prohibited by law.
NOTE: If you are a Chase prepaid account holder, some products and services may not be available to you via the Online Service.
Back to top
2. Agreement; Online Service
When you use or access, or permit any other person(s) or entity to use or access the Online Service, or download or use any Software, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. We may amend or change this Agreement (including applicable fees and service charges) from time to time, in our sole discretion, by sending you written notice by electronic mail or by regular mail or by posting the updated terms on the sites within the Online Service (the "Site(s)"). Please access and review this Agreement regularly. If you find the Agreement unacceptable to you at any time, please discontinue your use of the Online Service. Your use of the Online Service after we have made such changes available will be considered your agreement to the change.
The Online Service is an online financial services website offering a variety of content, products and services. We grant to you, for your personal or internal business purposes only, a non-exclusive, non-transferable limited and revocable right to access and use the Online Service as well as any Software in object code. Any Software provided through the Online Service must be downloaded by you in the United States. You agree not to use the Online Service for any other purpose, including commercial purposes, such as co-branding, framing linking, or reselling any portion of the Online Service without our prior written consent. You further agree not to use the Online Service to pay Payees to whom you are obligated for tax payments, payments made pursuant to court orders, fines, payments to loan sharks, gambling debts or payments otherwise prohibited by law. You agree not to attempt to log on to the Online Service from any country under sanctions by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC). Information regarding which countries are under sanctions may be obtained on the U.S. Department of the Treasury website. Any attempt to log on to the Online Service from one of these countries may result in your access being restricted and/or terminated.
You may not, and will not allow or cause any third party to: (a) decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code of, or modify any portion of the Online Service, or use the Online Service to develop similar functionality; (b) copy any portion of the Online Service, except as expressly permitted by this Agreement; (c) sublicense, distribute, export or resell any portion of the Online Service or otherwise transfer any rights; (d) remove any proprietary or intellectual property rights notices or labels on the Online Service; or (e) otherwise exercise any other right to the Online Service not expressly granted in this Agreement. We, or our licensors, own all right, title and interest in and to the Online Service. No license or other right in or to the Online Service is granted to you except for the rights specifically set forth in this Agreement.
Back to top
3. Computer Equipment; Browser Access and Internet Services
You are responsible for obtaining, installing, maintaining and operating all software, hardware or other equipment (collectively, "Systems") necessary for you to access and use the Online Service. This responsibility includes, without limitation, your utilizing up to date web-browsers and access devices and the best commercially available encryption, antivirus, anti-spyware, and internet security software. You are additionally responsible for obtaining Internet services via the Internet service provider of your choice, for any and all fees imposed by such Internet service provider and any associated communications service provider charges. You acknowledge that there are certain security, corruption, transmission error, and access availability risks associated with using open networks such as the Internet and you hereby expressly assume such risks, including, but not limited to those we may disclose in our educational materials. You acknowledge that you are responsible for the data security of the Systems used to access the Online Service, and for the transmission and receipt of information using such Systems. You acknowledge that you have requested the Online Service for your convenience, have made your own independent assessment of the adequacy of the Internet and Systems and that you are satisfied with that assessment. We are not responsible for any errors or problems that arise from the malfunction or failure of the Internet or your Systems nor are we responsible for notifying you of any upgrades, fixes, or enhancements to, or for providing technical or other support for your Systems. Although we may provide a link to a third party site where you may download software, we make no endorsement of any specific software, hardware or Internet Service Provider and your use of any such software, hardware or service may also be subject to the license or other agreements of that provider, in addition to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. You will not use the Online Service in any manner so as to interfere with the operation of any Chase digital platform.
Back to top
We may at our option change the parameters for the password used to access the Online Service ("Password") without prior notice to you, and if we do so, you will be required to change your password the next time you access the Online Service. To prevent unauthorized access to your accounts and to prevent unauthorized use of the Online Service, you agree to protect and keep confidential your Card number, account number, PIN, User ID, Password, or other means of accessing your accounts via the Online Service. The loss, theft, or unauthorized use of your Card numbers, account numbers, PINs, User IDs, and Passwords could cause you to lose some or all of the money in your accounts, plus any amount available under your overdraft protection credit line, or draws on your credit card account. It could also permit unauthorized persons to gain access to your sensitive personal and account information and to use that information for fraudulent purposes, including identity theft. If you disclose your Card numbers, account numbers, PINs, User IDs, and/or Passwords to any person(s) or entity, you assume all risks and losses associated with such disclosure. If you permit any other person(s) or entity, including any data aggregation service providers, to use the Online Service or to access or use your Card numbers, account numbers, PINs, User IDs, Passwords, or other means to access your accounts, you are responsible for any transactions and activities performed from your accounts and for any use of your personal and account information by such person(s) or entity. If you believe someone may attempt to use or has used the Online Service without your permission, or that any other unauthorized use or security breach has occurred, you agree to immediately notify us at 1-877-242-7372, (J.P. Morgan Online clients only, call 866-265-1727 or 302-634-5115 for international clients).
Back to top
You agree that by using the Online Service, all notices or other communications which we may be required to give you arising from our obligations under this Agreement or the Online Service may be sent to you electronically to any electronic mailbox we have for you, or at our option, another electronic mail address you provide to us or in any other manner permitted by law.
Back to top
6. New Features
We may, from time to time, introduce new features to the Online Service or modify or delete existing features in our sole discretion. We shall notify you of any of these changes to features if we are legally required to do so. By using any new or modified features when they become available, you agree to be bound by the rules concerning these features.
Back to top
7. Online Service Fees
General access to the Online Service is currently provided to you at no additional cost. However, you may incur fees if you use or obtain some of the products or services available through the Online Service. To learn more about such fees, please refer to the specific terms and conditions applicable to each product or service. We reserve the right from time to time to add or modify fees and will notify you when we do so.
You will be responsible for paying any telephone company or utility charges and/or Internet access service fees incurred while using telephone lines and/or Internet access services to connect with the Online Service. If you use personal financial management software to access your accounts (such as Quicken® or Quickbooks®), a fee may be charged for the use of those services and additional service terms and conditions may apply.
Back to top
8. Limitation of Liability; No Warranties
EXCEPT AS SPECIFICALLY SET FORTH HEREIN OR WHERE THE LAW REQUIRES A DIFFERENT STANDARD, WE SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY OR FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE SYSTEM, EQUIPMENT, BROWSER, APPLICATION AND/OR THE INSTALLATION OR MAINTENANCE THEREOF, ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE ONLINE SERVICE OR OUR DIGITAL PLATFORMS, AND/OR THE INSTALLATION OR MAINTENANCE THEREOF, ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE ONLINE SERVICE, YOUR GRANTING US SCREEN SHARING OR REMOTE CONTROL ACCESS TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEMS FOR TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT, FAILURE OF ELECTRONIC OR MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT, THE INTERNET, THE SYSTEM, OR COMMUNICATION LINES, TELEPHONE OR OTHER INTERCONNECT PROBLEMS, BUGS, ERRORS, CONFIGURATION PROBLEMS OR INCOMPATIBILITY OF COMPUTER HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, THE INTERNET, OR THE SYSTEM, FAILURE OR UNAVAILABILITY OF INTERNET ACCESS, PROBLEMS WITH INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDERS, PROBLEMS OR DELAYS WITH INTERMEDIATE COMPUTER OR COMMUNICATIONS NETWORKS OR FACILITIES, PROBLEMS WITH DATA TRANSMISSION FACILITIES OR ANY OTHER PROBLEMS YOU EXPERIENCE DUE TO CAUSES BEYOND OUR CONTROL.
EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY PROVIDED IN ANY APPLICABLE AGREEMENT, YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE ONLINE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THAT THE ONLINE SERVICE AND ALL INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS AND OTHER CONTENT (INCLUDING THIRD PARTY INFORMATION, PRODUCTS AND CONTENT) INCLUDED IN OR ACCESSIBLE FROM THE SITES, ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" "WHERE-IS" AND "WHERE AVAILABLE" BASIS, AND ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE ONLINE SERVICE OR OUR DIGITAL PLATFORMS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED ON THE SITE OR IN ANY APPLICABLE AGREEMENT. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND (EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS) AS TO THE ONLINE SERVICE AND ALL INFORMATION, PRODUCTS AND OTHER CONTENT (INCLUDING THIRD PARTY INFORMATION, PRODUCTS AND CONTENT) INCLUDED IN OR ACCESSIBLE FROM THE SITES. NO LICENSE TO YOU IS IMPLIED IN THESE DISCLAIMERS.
Back to top
9. Other Agreements
In addition to this Agreement, you agree to be bound by and comply with such other written requirements as we may furnish to you in connection with either this service or products which may be accessed via this service, including, but not limited to, all account agreements, end user license agreements, and with all applicable State and Federal laws and regulations. To the extent there is a conflict between the terms of this Agreement and your applicable account agreements with us, or any end user license agreements ("EULA") provided in conjunction with your use of the Software, the terms of your account agreement, or EULA, as the case may be, will control except as may be otherwise stated herein.
Back to top
10. Termination; Availability; No Assignment
We may terminate or suspend this Agreement, or terminate, suspend or limit your access privileges to the Online Service, in whole or part, at any time for any reason without prior notice, including but not limited to, your failure to access the Online Service for a period of three (3) months or greater, or for reasons involving your use of the Online Service which we may deem to be illegal or potentially brand damaging. The obligations and liabilities of the parties incurred prior to the termination date shall survive the termination of this Agreement for all purposes. Upon termination, you shall immediately discontinue use of the Online Service and delete any applicable copies.
Not all of the products or services, or functionality of those products and services, described on the Site(s) are available in all geographic areas. Therefore, you may not be eligible for all the products or services described. We reserve the right to determine your eligibility for any product or service.
You may not assign this Agreement.
Back to top
In the event of a dispute arising under or relating in any way to this Agreement or to the Online Service provided under this Agreement, you and we agree to resolve this dispute by looking to the terms of this Agreement. If there is a conflict between what one of our employees says and the terms of this Agreement, the terms of this Agreement shall control.
Back to top
12. Binding Arbitration
YOU HEREBY AGREE THAT ANY DISPUTE, CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARISING NOW OR IN THE FUTURE UNDER OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THIS AGREEMENT, OR TO THE ONLINE SERVICE ("CLAIM"), REGARDLESS OF THE NATURE OF THE CAUSE(S) OF ACTION ASSERTED (INCLUDING CLAIMS FOR INJUNCTIVE, DECLARATORY, OR EQUITABLE RELIEF), SHALL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING ARBITRATION. CLAIMS SUBJECT TO ARBITRATION INCLUDE CLAIMS THAT ARE MADE AS COUNTERCLAIMS, CROSS CLAIMS, THIRD PARTY CLAIMS, INTERPLEADERS, OR OTHERWISE. ARBITRATION REPLACES THE RIGHT TO GO TO COURT, AND YOU THEREFORE AGREE TO WAIVE ANY RIGHT THAT YOU OR WE MIGHT OTHERWISE HAVE HAD TO A JURY TRIAL OR THE OPPORTUNITY TO LITIGATE ANY CLAIMS IN COURT BEFORE EITHER A JUDGE OR JURY. YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO BRING A CLASS ACTION OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVE ACTION (SUCH AS AN ACTION IN THE FORM OF A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL) TO LITIGATE ANY CLAIMS IN COURT BEFORE EITHER A JUDGE OR JURY; NOR WILL YOU BE ABLE TO PARTICIPATE AS A CLASS MEMBER IN A CLASS ACTION OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVE ACTION IN ARBITRATION OR IN COURT BEFORE EITHER A JUDGE OR JURY. IF THE PRECEDING SENTENCE IS NOT ENFORCED FOR ANY REASON, THEN YOU AGREE THAT IN SUCH CASE ANY CLASS DISPUTE WILL NOT BE RESOLVED THROUGH ARBITRATION.
This binding arbitration provision applies to any and all Claims that you have against us, our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, predecessors, successors, assigns, and against all of their respective employees, agents, or assigns, or that we have against you; it also includes any and all Claims regarding the applicability of this arbitration clause or the validity of the Agreement, in whole or in part. It is made pursuant to a transaction involving interstate commerce, and shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. sections 1-16, as it may be amended.
The party filing a Claim(s) in arbitration must file its Claim(s) before JAMS or the American Arbitration Association under the rules of such arbitration administrator in effect at the time the Claim(s) was filed. Rules and forms may be obtained from, and Claims made may be filed with JAMS (800.352.5267 or jamsadr.com) or the American Arbitration Association, (800-778-7879 or www.adr.org). Arbitration hearings shall be held at a place within the federal judicial district that includes your address at the time the Claim(s) is filed, or at some other place to which you and we agree in writing. Judgment upon any arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction.
This Arbitration Agreement shall survive: (i) termination or changes in the Agreement, and the relationship between you and us concerning the Agreement; and (ii) the bankruptcy of any party or any similar proceeding initiated by you or on your behalf. If any portion of this Arbitration provision is deemed invalid or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall nevertheless remain in force.
Back to top
Back to top
You acknowledge and agree that you are personally responsible for your conduct while using the Online Service and agree to indemnify and hold us and our officers, directors, employees and agents harmless from and against any loss, damage, liability, cost or expense of any kind (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys' fees) that we may incur in connection with a third party claim or otherwise, in relation to your use of the Online Service or the use of the Online Service by anyone using your Card number, account number, PIN, User ID or Password or your violation of this Agreement or the rights of any third party (including, but not limited to, privacy rights). Your obligations under this paragraph shall survive termination of this Agreement.
Back to top
15. Records; Communications
Our records, kept in the regular course of business, shall be presumed to accurately reflect the contents of your instructions to us and, in the absence of manifest error, will be binding and conclusive.
Unless otherwise prohibited by law, any communication or material you transmit to us via the Site or electronic mail is on a non-confidential basis and we may use such communication or material for any purpose consistent with our Privacy Notice, including reproduction, publication, broadcast and posting. We are entitled, but not obligated, to monitor, retain and review all communications, including those by telephone, e-mail and other formats, for reasonable business purposes, such as to survey the quality of service that you receive, to assure compliance with this Agreement and industry regulations and to maintain the security of the Online Service.
You agree to provide a valid e-mail address so that we may send you certain information related to the Online Service. You agree that information you provide to us will be complete and accurate.
By accessing the Online Service, you agree we may send you emails regarding benefits and features that you have a right to receive in connection with the Online Service. To service and manage any of your account(s), or the services offered through the Online Service, we may contact you at any telephone number or email address you provide or any number where we believe we may reach you. When you give us your mobile phone number, we have your permission to contact you at that number about all your Chase or J.P. Morgan accounts. Your consent allows us to use text messaging, artificial or prerecorded voice messages and automatic dialing technology for informational and account service calls, but not for telemarketing or sales calls. It may include contact from companies working on our behalf to service your accounts. Message and data rates may apply. You may contact us anytime to change these preferences.
You agree that you will not transmit securities trade orders or any other transactional instructions to us using electronic mail. You acknowledge that we will not act upon orders or instructions transmitted through electronic mail and that we may not be in a position, by virtue of time zone difference and otherwise, to respond to your communications sent by electronic mail within the time frame contemplated by you.
Please note that upon submission, any suggestion, idea, proposal or other material you provide to us becomes our property without limitation or further consideration.
Back to top
16. Special Provision for Business Customers
Any User ID or Password we provide to you is provided to you in your capacity as a representative of the business entity registered with the Online Service only, and may not be retained by you after any termination of your relationship with such business entity. You agree to inform us immediately if a person with access to a Password leaves the employ of the entity to which that Password has been assigned.
Back to top
17. Site Links
Back to top
18. Choice of Law/Successors; Waiver; Severability
This Agreement and its enforcement shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York, without regard to any choice of law provision, except for section 5-1401 of the New York General Obligations Law, which does apply, and shall inure to the benefit of our successors and assigns, whether by merger, consolidation, or otherwise. The account(s), products and services accessed via the Online Service shall be governed by laws of the applicable account agreements.
We will not be deemed to have waived any of our rights or remedies under this Agreement unless such waiver is in writing and signed by us. No delay or omission on our part in exercising any rights or remedies shall operate as a waiver of such rights or remedies or any other rights or remedies. A waiver on any one occasion shall not be construed as a bar or waiver of any rights or remedies on future occasions.
If any provision of this Agreement conflicts with the law under which this Agreement is to be construed or if any provision of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, that provision will be deemed to be restated to reflect as nearly as possible the original intentions of the parties in accordance with applicable law. The remaining provisions of this Agreement and the application of the challenged provision to persons or circumstances other than those as to which it is invalid or unenforceable will not be affected thereby, and each of those provisions will be valid and enforceable to the full extent permitted by law.
Back to top
19. Risk Of Loss
In the event of a system failure or interruption, your data may be lost or destroyed. Any transaction(s) that you initiated, were in the process of completing, or completed shortly before a system failure or interruption should be verified by you through means other than online to ensure the accuracy and completeness of such transaction(s). You assume the risk of loss of your data during any system failure or interruption and the responsibility to verify the accuracy and completeness of any transaction(s) so affected.
Back to top
20. Mobile Services
Your enrollment in the Online Service may include access to some products and services through a mobile application or otherwise through the use of a mobile device or tablet device including via the Chase Mobile App or the JPMorgan Mobile app, ("Mobile Services"). By using the Mobile Services, you agree to the following terms. You agree that we may send you information relative to Mobile Services through your communication service provider in order to deliver them to you and that your communication service provider is acting as your agent in this capacity. You agree to provide a valid phone number, e-mail address or other delivery location so that we may send you certain information about your applicable account or otherwise related to the Mobile Services. Additionally, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold us harmless from and against any and all claims, losses, liability, cost and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising from your provision of a phone number, e-mail address, or other delivery location that is not your own or your violation of applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance. Your obligation under this paragraph shall survive termination of the Agreement.
You understand and agree these services may not be encrypted and may include personal or confidential information about you such as your account activity or status. Delivery and receipt of information, including instructions for payment, transfer and other move money transactions, through the Mobile Services may be delayed or impacted by factor(s) pertaining to your Internet service provider(s), phone carriers, other parties, or because of other reasons outside of our control. We will not be liable for losses or damages arising from any disclosure of account information to third parties, non-delivery, delayed delivery, misdirected delivery or mishandling of, or inaccurate content in, information and instructions sent through the Mobile Services. Additionally, not all of the products, services or functionality described on the Site(s) and the Agreement are available when you use a mobile device. Therefore, you may not be eligible to use all the products, services or functionality described when you access or try to access them using a mobile device. We reserve the right to determine your eligibility for any product, service, or functionality. Information available via the Mobile Services, including balance, transfer and payment information, may differ from the information that is available directly through the Online Service and Site(s) without the use of a mobile device. Information available directly through the Online Service and Site(s) without the use of a mobile device may not be available via the Mobile Services, may be described using different terminology (including capitalized terms used in the Agreement or on our Site(s), or may be more current than the information available via the Mobile Services, including but not limited to account balance information. The method of entering instructions via the Mobile Services may also differ from the method of entering instructions directly through the Online Service without the use of a mobile device. Processing of payment and transfer instructions may take longer through the Mobile Services. We are not responsible for such differences, whether or not attributable to your use of the Mobile Services. Additionally, you agree that neither we nor our service providers will be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon. You are responsible for any and all charges, including, but not limited to, fees associated with text messaging imposed by your communications service provider. We are not responsible for any damages resulting from your failure to comply with any terms and conditions provided by your communication service provider or any app store.
Back to top
21. Identity and Location Verification
You authorize us to request your mobile carrier to use your mobile subscriber details for verifying your identity. Those details may include, among others, name, billing address, email, and phone number.
Back to top
22. Alerts and Mobile Text Services
Your enrollment in the Online Service includes access to mobile text messaging related services (collectively, "Text Services") and Alerts. By receiving or otherwise using these services, you agree to the following terms for these services. You agree that we may send messages through your communication service provider in order to deliver them to you and that your communication services provider is acting as your agent in this capacity. We may use a telephone number, e-mail address or other delivery location we have in our records for you or other such contact information as you may provide to us for these services so that we may send you certain information about your applicable account. Additionally, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold us harmless from and against any and all claims, losses, liability, cost and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising from your provision of a phone number, e-mail address, or other delivery location that is not your own or your violation of applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance. Your obligation under this paragraph shall survive termination of the Agreement. The Alerts and Text Services are provided for your convenience and do not replace your monthly account statement(s), which are the official record of your accounts. You understand and agree these services may not be encrypted and may include personal or confidential information about you such as your account activity or the status of your account. You also understand that there may be a disruption in service when you change your communications service provider. Messages may be delayed or impacted by factor(s) pertaining to your Internet service provider(s), phone carriers, or other parties. We will not be liable for losses or damages arising from any disclosure of account information to third parties, non-delivery, delayed delivery, misdirected delivery or mishandling of, or inaccurate content in, the messages sent through the Alerts and Text Services. The Text Services are only available to customers who have an eligible account with us, and you may be automatically enrolled to receive certain Alerts. While you have to have an eligible account to use the service, once it is activated, if you have other types of accounts with us, you may have access to those other accounts as well. There is no service fee for the Alerts and Text Services but you are responsible for any and all charges, including, but not limited to, fees associated with text messaging imposed by your communications service provider. Message and data rates may apply. Such charges include those from your communications service provider. Message frequency depends on user preferences. To cancel the Text Services, send STOP to 24273 at any time (J.P. Morgan Online clients only, send STOP to 576746). For help or information on the Text Services, send HELP to 24273 (J.P. Morgan Online clients only, send HELP to 576746). For additional assistance with the Alerts and Text Services, contact customer service at 1-877-242-7372.
Your enrollment may also provide you with access to a feature of the Online Service which will allow you to received alerts via e-mail for events related to markets and securities, such as the price of a specified security reaching a particular threshold ("Market Alerts"). Market Alerts are provided as an accommodation to you. You should not rely on Market Alerts, or the absence of a Market Alerts, for any purpose, including without limitation, as the basis for any trade or other action in regard to any investment or security. Market Alerts are delayed at least 20 minutes and should not be considered real time information. Market Alerts are provided for informational purposes only and are not offers or solicitations for the purchase or sale of any securities or financial instrument or for the provision of any investment service or advice. Market Alerts are not recommendations by us or any other party, and specifically are not, without limitation: (a) recommendations regarding the purchase or sale of any investment or security; (b) investment advice; (c) a judgment regarding the suitability of any investment or security; or (d) a representation regarding the availability of any investment or security at the price presented or other price.
Back to top
23. Account Information
Account information provided to you as part of the Online Service is not the official record of your account or its activity. Your account statement, furnished to you by us in a paper format, or electronically if you are enrolled in paperless statements service, will remain the official record. The Online Service information is generally updated regularly, but is subject to adjustment and correction and therefore should not be relied upon by you for taking, or forbearing to take, any action.
Back to top
24. Our Right to Review Funds Processing
As a sender of instructions to transfer or collect funds using the Online Service, you acknowledge and agree that we may delay or cancel the execution of your online instructions and/or charge back the amount of any credit to the applicable account as we determine in our discretion or claim a refund from you for such amount for various reasons including fraud, duplicate payment, incorrect amount or incorrect recipient.
Back to top
25. SPECIAL PROVISIONS FOR J.P. MORGAN ONLINE CLIENTS
(The provisions in this Section 23 apply only to J.P. Morgan Private Bank and J.P Morgan Securities LLC clients (collectively, "J.P. Morgan Online Clients") who have brokerage accounts or other accounts that hold securities.) To the extent that the provisions in this Section 23 conflict with other provisions in this Agreement, the provisions in this Section 23 will prevail.
Back to top
26. Securities and Investment Advisory Services; JPMorgan Funds
Securities and investment advisory services are offered through J.P. Morgan Securities LLC ("JPMS"), member NYSE/FINRA/SIPC. JPMS is an affiliate of JPMorgan Chase Bank, National Association, and is a member of FINRA and SIPC.
Securities (including mutual funds) are not bank deposits and are not FDIC insured, nor are they obligations of or guaranteed by JPMorgan Chase Bank, National Association, or its affiliates. Securities (including mutual funds) involve investment risks, including the possible loss of the principal amount invested.
JPMorgan Funds are distributed by JPMorgan Distribution Services, Inc., member FINRA, which is an affiliate of JPMorgan Chase & Co. Affiliates of JPMorgan Chase & Co., including, among others, JPMorgan Chase Bank, National Association receive fees for providing various services to JPMorgan Funds and JPMorgan Distribution Services, Inc. An investment in the JPMorgan Funds Money Market Funds is not insured or guaranteed by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation or any other government agency. Although such Funds seek to preserve the value of your investment at $1.00 per share, it is possible to lose money by investing in the Funds. For additional information about the JPMorgan Funds, including charges and expenses, call 1-800-480-4111 for a prospectus. Please read the prospectus carefully before investing or sending money.
Back to top
27. Additional Terms Applicable to Personal Financial Management Software Users and Use of Other Third Party Software (for Asset Accounts)
The Personal Financial Management Service ("PFM Service") allows you to use personal financial management software ("PFM Software"), such as Quicken® or QuickBooks®, to access the Online Service to make bill payments and transfers and access account information such as balance and transaction history. This Section sets forth additional terms and conditions that apply whenever you use or permit any other person(s) or entity to use the PFM Service. See also the Section on General Terms Applicable to Payments and Transfers for additional terms and conditions that apply to use of the PFM Service to make bill payments and transfers. The terms and conditions contained in this Section are limited to use of the PFM Service, and do not include use of products and services directly accessible through the Online Service without the use of PFM Software. The Online Service utilizes current releases of Quicken® and QuickBooks®, as may be made available from time to time from the respective software manufacturer. You are responsible for obtaining and maintaining any PFM Software that is required for operation of the PFM Service.
Quicken® and QuickBooks® are registered trademarks of Intuit Inc.
28. Payments and Transfers
29. ADDITIONAL TERMS APPLICABLE ONLY TO PAYMENTS AND TRANSFERS FOR CONSUMER ACCOUNTS
A consumer account is one that is used primarily for personal, family or household purposes. If you perform transactions from a home equity line of credit or other credit account, please see your home equity line of credit or other credit documents for information about your liability for unauthorized charges or other errors or questions relative to those accounts. Except for online transfers covered by this Section 28, concerns about other transactions in your Investment Account or errors on your confirmations and statements from J.P. Morgan Securities LLC must be reported in accordance with the terms of your Brokerage Account Agreement.
Back to top
30. Our Guarantees
31. ADDITIONAL TERMS APPLICABLE ONLY TO PAYMENTS AND TRANSFERS FOR BUSINESS ACCOUNTS
32. Terms Applicable to Your Use of Chase Pay
These Terms govern your use of the Chase Pay Wallet ("Chase Pay") and, except as otherwise stated, any eligible credit card, debit card, prepaid card, or other card (each, a "Chase Pay Card") provisioned or stored in Chase Pay. The term "Card Issuer" means the issuer of your Chase Pay Card, which may be us or any other issuer of an eligible Chase Pay Card. When we use the word "merchant" in this Section, it also includes "retailers. You agree to these Terms by signing or accepting them, including by your electronic signature, as well as when you use or request Chase Pay.
- Service Description. Chase Pay (i) allows the electronic storing of your Chase Pay Card information, which we sometimes refer to as adding a Chase Pay Card to or provisioning a Chase Pay Card for use with Chase Pay, (ii) allows you to use such stored, eligible Chase Pay Cards to enter into transactions where Chase Pay is accepted or to fund another Chase Pay Card, and (iii) allows other services that are described in this Agreement or that we may offer from time to time. We may add or provision all your eligible Chase Cards (e.g., those you have now and those you obtain or open in the future) onto Chase Pay, unless you remove them as described below. Each Chase Pay Card may be used as the payment source for your Chase Pay transactions. When you use Chase Pay, you request us to provide the merchant, the applicable payment network (such as Visa), the Third Party Wallet provider and others (such as a payment processing entity or a token service provider) your selected Chase Pay Card information and other information that's associated with the selected Chase Pay Card, to allow your transaction to be completed and/or to facilitate customer participation in customer benefit programs such as loyalty and rewards programs to the extent maintained by those third parties. Transactions conducted using a Chase Pay Card are subject to the same rights and obligations as stated in the applicable CardMember Agreement or account agreement that governs the Chase Pay Card.
- Chase Pay Information. You agree that the information you provide to us to establish Chase Pay will be complete and accurate. You will keep any passwords, PINs and/or User IDs that access Chase Pay confidential. If you disclose your Chase Pay passwords, PINs, and/or User IDs to any person(s) or entity, you are authorizing that person or entity to transact on your behalf as if they were an authorized user of your Cards and you assume all risks and losses associated with such disclosure. If you permit any other person(s) or entity to access or other means to use your Chase Pay password, PIN or User ID, you are authorizing any transactions and activities performed by them. You are also agreeing to be responsible for any use of your personal and Chase Pay information. Notify us immediately if any of your Chase Pay passwords, PINs, or User IDs is lost or stolen.
- Transaction History. You agree and acknowledge that the transaction history displayed in the Chase Pay Wallet solely represents our authorization of your Chase Pay Wallet transaction and may not reflect any post-authorization activity, including but not limited to clearing, settlement, foreign currency exchange, reversals, returns or chargebacks. Accordingly, the purchase amount, currency, and other details for your Chase Pay Wallet transaction history in connection with use of your Card in the Chase Pay Wallet may be preliminary and may not match the transaction amount that ultimately clears, settles, and posts to your Card's billing or monthly statement.
- Using Chase Pay with Another Wallet. We may also offer you the option to use your Chase Pay Wallet to either link your Chase Pay Wallet or all of the eligible Chase Pay Cards in your Chase Pay Wallet to another digital wallet (a "Third Party Wallet"), or to add one of the eligible Chase Pay Cards in your Chase Pay Wallet to a Third Party Wallet. Chase does not charge you a fee for this process, but the Third Party Wallet provider or other third parties may charge you fees.
The terms and account or card agreement that govern your Chase Pay Wallet and your Chase Pay Card do not change when you link your Chase Pay Wallet or Chase Pay Cards, or load a Chase Pay Card, to a Third Party Wallet. The Third Party Wallet simply provides another way for you to make a purchase or other transactions with your Chase Pay Wallet or your Chase Pay Card. Any applicable interest, fees, and charges that apply to your Chase Pay Card will also apply when you use the Third Party Wallet to access your Chase Pay Card, including if you use the Third Party Wallet to access your Chase Pay Wallet, and then use your Chase Pay Wallet to access your Chase Pay Card.
When you link your Chase Pay Wallet or Chase Pay Cards, or load a Chase Pay Card, to a Third Party Wallet, you may be subject to the terms of the Third Party Wallet. You may only use the Third Party Wallet where the Third Party Wallet is accepted, which may be at fewer or different places than you can use your Chase Pay Card or the Chase Pay Wallet.
Chase is not the provider of the Third Party Wallet, and is not responsible for providing the Third Party Wallet services to you. We are not responsible for any failure of the Third Party Wallet, or the inability to use the Third Party Wallet for any reason. We are not responsible for the performance or non-performance of the Third Party Wallet provider or any other third parties regarding any agreement you enter into with the Third Party Wallet provider or associated third party relationships that may impact your use of the Third Party Wallet.
You can de-link your Chase Pay Wallet or Chase Pay Cards, or remove a Chase Pay Card, from the Third Party Wallet by either following our instructions on our digital platforms, or contacting the Third Party Wallet provider.
- Removing Your Card Information. Only Chase Pay Cards that we determine are eligible can be added to or provisioned for use with Chase Pay. You may designate any Chase Pay Card stored in the Chase Pay Wallet to be temporarily inaccessible (and similarly, re-designate such Chase Pay Card to be accessible) for use with Chase Pay at any time by following our instructions as provided from time to time. If your credit card, debit card, prepaid card, or other card or underlying account is not in good standing, that credit card, debit card, prepaid card, or other card will not be eligible to be added to or provisioned for use with Chase Pay. We may determine other eligibility criteria in our sole discretion. When your Chase Pay Card information is added or provisioned onto Chase Pay, Chase Pay allows you to use the Chase Pay Card to enter into transactions where Chase Pay is accepted. Chase Pay may not be accepted at all merchants where your Chase Pay Card is accepted, and we also reserve the right to terminate a merchant's acceptance of Chase Pay at any time. You can also remove one or more of your Chase Pay Cards from Chase Pay at any time by calling us or following our instructions as provided from time to time.
- Your Chase Pay Card Terms Do Not Change. When a Card is added or provisioned onto Chase Pay, the terms and the agreement that govern your Chase Pay Card do not change. The applicable CardMember Agreement or account agreement that governs the Chase Pay Card, as amended from time to time, are incorporated by reference as part of this Agreement. Please review those agreements, as applicable, for important information on your rights and responsibilities when making purchases through Chase Pay. Chase Pay provides another way for you to make purchases or other transactions with the Chase Pay Card. Chase Pay may also allow you to access certain features of a Chase Pay Card issued by Chase, or the rewards programs associated with that Chase Pay Card, such as the ability to pay with points. For avoidance of doubt, in that case, this Agreement, the CardMember Agreement or account agreement that governs the Chase Pay Card, and any agreement governing the rewards program, will apply. For the avoidance of doubt, in that case, this Agreement covers only those elements not governed by the CardMember Agreement or account agreement that governs the Chase Pay Card, and any agreement governing the rewards program.
- Chase Is Not Responsible for Third Parties. Using Chase Pay may depend on your relationship with other third parties, including other Chase Pay Card Issuers. We are not responsible for any aspect of those relationships, or for the performance or non-performance of these third parties. If your Chase Pay Card is not issued by us, we do not process payments or act as a service provider of your Chase Pay Card Issuer. Instead, our role is limited to providing information to a merchant, the applicable payment network (such as Visa) and others (such as a payment processing entity or a token service provider) to allow that party to honor your Card and/or to facilitate customer participation in customer benefit programs such as loyalty and rewards programs to the extent maintained by those third parties. Transactions between you and a merchant are governed by the merchant's terms and conditions. Unless we are the Chase Pay Card Issuer, we do not endorse or assume any liability for any Chase Pay Card you use, and we do not have any liability for payments, returns, refunds, chargebacks, loyalty and rewards related offers and benefits or any disputes between you and your Chase Pay Card Issuer or between you and a merchant or other third parties.
- Contacting You Electronically, and by Email or through Your Mobile Device. In addition to your consent to receive information concerning your account via email and mobile device above, you consent to receive electronic communications and disclosures from us in connection with your Chase Pay Card and Chase Pay. If at any time you revoke your consent to such communications, your Chase Pay Wallet activation may be cancelled.
- Deactivating Chase Pay. You can deactivate Chase Pay at any time by calling us or following the instructions we provide from time to time. We can also deactivate Chase Pay at any time, or otherwise block, restrict or suspend your access to or use of any Chase Pay Card or Chase Pay at any time and for any reason. These reasons include, but are not limited to, if we suspect fraud or illegal, unauthorized or improper conduct.
- Access and License. You may not, and will not allow or cause any third party to do the following: (i) use Chase Pay in connection with any fraudulent or illegal conduct, transaction or business, as determined by us in our sole discretion; or (ii) act as a payment intermediary, aggregator or service bureau yourself or on behalf of any third party, including, without limitation, handling, processing or transmitting funds for any third party.
Back to top
33. Terms Applicable to Your Use of the Gifting Service
- You may use your eligible Pay From Account to buy a digital merchant gift card (“Gift Card”) to send to another Chase customer, as well as anyone you know residing in the United States (the “Gifting Service”). Eligible accounts for this service are currently certain Chase checking accounts and Chase Liquid® card. We have the right to determine eligibility and to restrict categories of accounts and recipients to whom Gift Cards can be sent using the Gifting Service in our sole discretion.
- You cannot buy a physical gift card through the Gifting Service.
- We provide the Gifting Service through an arrangement with our gift card service provider or the merchant that accepts the Gift Card and the merchant’s vendor. We have the right to determine eligibility and to restrict categories of merchants from whom Gift Cards can be purchased using the Gifting Service in our sole discretion.
- We do not sell or issue the Gift Cards. When you buy a Gift Card through the Gifting Service, you are purchasing a Gift Card from the merchant or its vendor that can only be used with that merchant. We are not responsible for any damage or harm to you or any third party resulting from the purchase of a Gift Card through the Gifting Service. We do not warrant the availability or functionality of a Gift Card purchased through the Gifting Service.
- To buy a Gift Card you must enter the Gift Card amount, the Send On date, and the recipient’s email address or other information as we may require. The email address must belong to the intended recipient residing in the United States. You should only use the Gifting Service to send Gift Cards to people that you know. Please make sure you accurately enter the recipient's email address since your obligation to pay for the Gift Card will not be excused by an error in the information you enter. Both Chase and a merchant may limit the amount of a Gift Card you can purchase. You acknowledge and agree that Gift Card purchase will be completed using only the email address you provided for the recipient, even if it identifies a person different from your intended recipient. The name you enter will help you identify your intended recipient and the purchase in your transaction history but will not be used to process the Gift Card purchase or to validate that the intended recipient owns or has authorized access to the email address you entered.
- We will not process your payment for the Gift Card if you do not have sufficient funds in your designated Pay From Account on the Send On date or at the time the transaction is initiated for Current Day purchases of Gift Cards. If sufficient funds are not in the Pay From Account on the Send On date or at the time the transaction is initiated for Current Day purchases, the Gift Card transaction will fail and we will not make repeat attempts to debit the applicable account.
- We will share your Gift Card information including recipient’s information with our gift card service provider or the merchant, who will share the information with their vendor. Our gift card service provider or the merchant and the merchant’s vendor are responsible for delivering the Gift Card to the person you choose and to the email address or other contact information you provided. If your payment for the Gift Card is successful, you authorize us to withdraw and transfer money from your Pay From Account in the amount of the Gift Card immediately or on the Send On date, as applicable, to pay our gift card service provider or the merchant.
- Gift Cards can be purchased in amounts of up to $100 per transaction with a maximum of $1,000 per day, and $5,000 in any calendar month, in the aggregate from all your combined accounts registered with the Gifting Service. All limits are subject to temporary reductions to protect the security of customer accounts and/or our processing systems. At our discretion we may refuse to process any transaction that exceeds any of the limits. In this case, you are responsible for making alternate arrangements or rescheduling the Gift Card purchase.
- We are not responsible for any acts or omissions by our gift card service provider or the merchant or their vendor.
- A Gift Card is subject to terms and conditions imposed by the merchant that accepts the Gift Card and the merchant’s vendor. We do not control the terms of a Gift Card purchased through the Gifting Service. Nothing in those terms and conditions limits our rights or your obligations under any agreement between you and us. We do not provide Gift Card support services related to issues arising after the issuance of the Gift Card. You must contact our gift card service provider or the merchant or their vendor to resolve issues related to a Gift Card arising after issuance of the Gift Card.
- There is no service fee from us to use the Gifting Service. However, if we process a payment in accordance with your Instructions that overdraws your Pay From Account with us, we may assess a fee or charge interest for any such overdraft in accordance with the terms of your Deposit Account Agreement. Fees are subject to change from time to time upon notice to you as may be required by law.
- You may not edit or cancel a pending or processed Gift Card, but you may cancel any Future Dated Gift Cards up until the Send On date.
- Gift Cards cannot be returned, refunded, replaced, or redeemed for cash.
- Gift Cards may only be sent to a recipient in the United States and may only be redeemed within the United States.
Back to top
34. Terms Applicable to Your Use of the Real-Time Payments Service
By sending payments or receiving payments through the Real-Time Payments Service, you agree that you accept and will comply with the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement. If you wish to return a payment received through the Real-Time Payments Service, you must contact us at 877-242-7372 (J.P. Morgan Online clients only, call 877-840-0723).
About the Real-Time Payments Service
The Real-Time Payments Service enables you to send payments to and receive payments from Persons that bank with Service Participants, which includes the ability to send payments to your accounts with other Service Participants. In addition, if enabled by us, you can use the Real-Time Payments Service to receive requests for payment from Persons that bank with Service Participants and to send requests for payment to Persons that bank with Service Participants.
As used in this “Terms Applicable to Your Use of the Real-Time Payments Service” Section, the following terms shall have the meaning set forth below.
“Payment Amount” refers to the Service Transfer Amount plus any fees payable by you to us in conjunction with the applicable Service Transfer;
“Person” means a natural person or a business, government, or nonprofit entity;
“Real-Time Payments Service” refers to a service that allows you to send or receive payments to other Persons;
“Real-Time Transfer System” refers to the real-time transfer system that is accessed through the Real-Time Payments Service;
“Receiver” refers to a Person that receives a payment through the Real-Time Payments Service;
“Receiver Addressing Information” refers to addressing information of the Receiver, which may include the Receiver’s account number, routing number, telephone number, and/or email address, as applicable;
“Receiving Financial Institution” refers to us, when you are the Receiver, and the Receiver’s financial institution, when you are the Sender;
“Sender” refers to a Person that sends a payment through the Real-Time Payments Service;
“Sending Financial Institution” refers to us, which you are the Sender, and means the financial institution that holds the Sender’s account, when you are the Receiver;
“Service Participant” refers to a financial institution that participates in the Real-Time Payments System, which includes JPMC;
“Service Transfer” refers to a payment from a Sender to a Receiver through the Real-Time Payments Service;
“Service Transfer Amount” refers to the amount of funds that the Sender directs the Sending Financial Institution to transfer to the Receiver;
You may initiate a Service Transfer by submitting a request (a “Service Transfer Request”) through Chase Online, Chase Mobile®, Chase Business Online, J.P. Morgan Online, J.P. Morgan Mobile, or such other Digital Platforms as we may make available from time to time. When you submit a Service Transfer Request, you will be required to provide Receiver Addressing Information for the Receiver and the Service Transfer Amount. By submitting a Service Transfer Request, you represent and warrant that the Service Transfer complies with these Terms.
By submitting a Service Transfer Request, you irrevocably and unconditionally authorize us to deduct the Payment Amount from your account. We may deduct this amount immediately upon receipt of your submission of the Service Transfer Request.
The Real-Time Payments Service is typically available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including weekends and state and federal holidays. However, the Real-Time Payments Service may be unavailable from time to time, including due to scheduled or unscheduled maintenance.
You may not send through the Real-Time Payments Service more than: (i) $5,000.00 in a single transaction, $10,000.00 in one day, or $50,000.00 in one month from a Consumer Account; (ii) $25,000.00 in a single transaction or your currently applicable daily transfers limit (with no monthly limit) from a Business Account; or (iii) $10,000.00 in a single transaction or $20,000.00 in one day (with no monthly limit) from a Private Banking Account. We may establish lower transaction limits for you and may block any attempted Service Transfer that exceeds the limit(s). We may adjust the limits at any time in our sole discretion. We will notify you of such adjustments.
Risks Associated with the Real-Time Payments Service
There are risks associated with using the Real-Time Payments Service. Service Transfers are irrevocable and cannot be reversed. You should only use the Real-Time Payments Service to make payments to Persons that you know. If you receive a request for payment through the Real-Time Payments Service, you should verify that the request relates to a payment you were expecting to make to the Person who requested payment. If a request for payment that you receive through the Real-Time Payments Service does not relate to a payment you were expecting to make to the Person who requested payment, please notify us at 877-242-7372 (J.P. Morgan Online clients only, call 877-840-0723). If a Person contacts you outside of the Real-Time Payments Service and asks for payment, you should verify the identity, legitimacy and contact information of the requestor and the amount of the payment prior to submitting a Service Transfer Request. If you send payment to a Person that you do not know, or you do not verify the identity and legitimacy of Persons who contact you and ask for payment, you may lose the full amount of your payment.
We do not provide buyer protection with respect to Service Transfers. That means that you cannot reverse or dispute a Service Transfer on the basis that you are dissatisfied with the goods or services provided by the Receiver; because the Receiver has failed to deliver goods or perform services, whether at all or in a timely manner; or because you wish to return purchased goods or cancel a pre-paid service.
The Real-Time Payments Service does enable you to request that a Receiver return funds to you, but the Receiver is not obligated to return the funds. This includes circumstances in which the incorrect amount of funds was transferred because you entered the incorrect Service Transfer Amount or funds were sent to someone other than your intended Receiver because you incorrectly entered the Receiver Addressing Information or the Receiver Addressing Information you entered was associated with someone other than your intended Receiver. If you wish to request that a Receiver return funds that you sent through the Real-Time Payments Service (a “Return Request”), please notify us at 877-242-7372 (J.P. Morgan Online clients only, call 877-840-0723). Our sole obligation is to transmit the Return Request to the Receiving Financial Institution through the Real-Time Payments Service. We cannot guarantee that funds will be returned in whole or in part and shall have no obligation to make any effort to recover such funds beyond the transmission of the Return Request.
Any dispute between you and a Receiver must be resolved directly between you and the Receiver. We have no responsibility for, and shall not be liable to you in connection with, any dispute between you and a Receiver.
By submitting a Service Transfer Request, you irrevocably and unconditionally authorize us to initiate a payment using the Receiver Addressing Information. Based on information available to us, we will provide you the Receiver name associated with the Receiver Addressing Information. HOWEVER, WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATION THAT THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE TO US IS CORRECT, AND YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR VERIFYING THAT THE RECEIVER ADDRESSING INFORMATION IS ACCURATE AND COMPLETE, THAT SUCH INFORMATION IS ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR INTENDED RECEIVER, AND THAT THE AMOUNT OF THE PAYMENT IS CORRECT PRIOR TO SUBMITTING A SERVICE TRANSFER REQUEST. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WE HAVE NO OBLIGATION TO VERIFY THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE RECEIVER ADDRESSING INFORMATION OR THAT THE RECEIVER ADDRESSING INFORMATION IS ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR INTENDED RECEIVER. EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE REQUIRED BY STATE OR FEDERAL LAW, OUR SOLE OBLIGATION SHALL BE TO INITIATE A PAYMENT THROUGH THE REAL-TIME PAYMENTS SERVICE IN THE SERVICE TRANSFER AMOUNT INDICATED BY YOU USING THE RECEIVER ADDRESSING INFORMATION PROVIDED BY YOU. EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE REQUIRED BY STATE OR FEDERAL LAW, WE SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY TO YOU WITH RESPECT TO ANY LOSS THAT YOU EXPERIENCE DUE TO THE INACCURACY OR INCOMPLETENESS OF SUCH RECEIVER ADDRESSING INFORMATION, THE FAILURE OF SUCH INFORMATION TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR INTENDED RECEIVER, OR YOUR FAILURE TO CORRECTLY ENTER THE RECEIVER ADDRESSING INFORMATION OR THE SERVICE TRANSFER AMOUNT.
You are not obligated to accept a payment that is sent to you through the Real-Time Payments Service. If you wish to reject a payment sent to you through the Real-Time Payments Service, please contact us at 877-242-7372 (J.P. Morgan Online clients only, call 877-840-0723).
A Sender may request that you return funds sent through the Real-Time Payments Service. If we receive a return request, we will contact you.
Incoming payments to you through the Real-Time Payments Service cannot exceed $25,000.00 per transfer. If you are expecting a Service Transfer, it is your responsibility to advise the Sender of this limit.
There are no fees to use the Real-Time Payments Service at this time. However, we may charge fees at a later time, in which case we will provide you with notice prior to charging any fees. Your continued use of the Real-Time Payments Service after such notice constitutes your agreement to the fees.
Requests for Payment
If enabled, you may use the Real-Time Payments Service to submit requests for payment, subject to the following terms:
- You may only submit requests for payment to Persons who: (i) are known to you; and (ii) would reasonably expect to receive a request for payment from you.
- By submitting a request for payment, you represent and warrant that the request is not for a Prohibited Payment (as defined below) and is not fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful.
- You acknowledge and agree that we do not guarantee that the Sender will send payment in response to or otherwise accept your request for payment.
- Any dispute between you and a Sender must be resolved directly between you and the Sender. We have no responsibility for, and shall not be liable to you in connection with, any dispute between you and a Sender.
- You acknowledge and agree that we may suspend or terminate your ability to submit requests for payment or your access to the Real-Time Payments Service in the event that we reasonably suspect you have failed to comply with these Terms in conjunction with requests for payment.
Failed Service Transfers
A Service Transfer may fail if:
- There are insufficient funds available in the Sender’s account when the Sender submits the Service Transfer Request;
- The Sending Institution or Receiving Institution suspects or determines that the Service Transfer does not comply with these Terms or the rules of the Real-Time Transfer System;
- The Receiver rejects the Service Transfer or has declined to receive Service Transfers;
- The Service Transfer Request exceeds the Sender’s limit(s);
- The Receiver’s account at the Receiving Institution is closed, invalid, ineligible to receive Service Transfers, or being monitored for suspected fraudulent or other illegal activity;
- The Sender’s account at the Sending Institution is being monitored for suspected fraudulent or other illegal activity;
- The Sending Institution or Receiving Institution otherwise declines to process the Service Transfer for risk-management, legal, or regulatory reasons; or
- The Real-Time Payments Service is unavailable.
In addition, completion of a Service Transfer may be delayed if the Service Transfer is subject to review by the Sending Institution or Receiving Institution for fraud, regulatory or compliance purposes. Service Transfer Requests are typically completed within 15 seconds of transmission of the Service Transfer Request by the Sender, unless the Service Transfer fails or is delayed as described above.
If you are the Sender, we will notify you if a Service Transfer fails. If you are the Receiver, we will not communicate to you that the Service Transfer has failed. If you have not received a Service Transfer that you were expecting, you must contact the Sender.
Availability of Funds
Funds transferred through the Real-Time Payments Service will be credited to the Receiver’s account by the Receiving Institution immediately upon completion of the Service Transfer Request, and will be available for withdrawal by the Receiver immediately. Funds are available immediately 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, including weekends and state and federal holidays.
You agree that you shall not use the Real-Time Payments Service to make or receive any of the following types of payments (each, a “Prohibited Payment”): (i) payments that violate or appear to violate any local, state, or federal law or regulation; (ii) payments to accounts domiciled outside the United States; (iii) payments transmitted solely for the purpose of determining whether the Receiver Addressing Information is valid (a “Test Payment”), provided, that you may conduct a Test Payment if you have a bona fide need to do so in order to determine the validity of Receiver Addressing Information provided to you by a Receiver that wishes to receive a payment from you; or (iv) any other payment that violates this Agreement.
You acknowledge that you are permitted to use the Real-Time Payments Service solely for the purpose of making or receiving payments: (i) on your own behalf; or (ii) on behalf of Persons that are resident of or domiciled in the United States of America. If you make or receive payments on behalf of another Person, you must comply with all applicable laws and regulations in conjunction with such payments, including all regulations of the Office of Foreign Assets control. You acknowledge that any payment that violates the foregoing restrictions is a Prohibited Payment.
Transaction Errors; Unauthorized Transactions; Lost or Stolen Passwords
If you permit other persons to use the Real-Time Payments Services, or use or access your Password, you are responsible for any transactions they authorize from your accounts. If you believe that your Password has been lost or stolen or that someone has or may initiate a Service Transfer from your account without your permission, notify us AT ONCE, by calling 1-877-242-7372 (J.P. Morgan Online clients only, call 877- 840-0723) or writing us at Online Customer Service, P. O. Box 2558, Houston, TX 77252-9968.
You must tell us immediately if you believe your Password has been lost or stolen or that an unauthorized Service Transfer has been made from any of your deposit or prepaid accounts. Telephoning us is the best and fastest way of keeping your possible losses to a minimum. If you do not do so, you could lose all the money in each of the accounts, as well as all of the available funds in any overdraft protection account or any other credit line included among your accounts.
If you do not tell us within two (2) Business Days after you discover the loss or theft of your Password, you may not be reimbursed if someone makes a Service Transfer without your authorization. If you do not tell us within two (2) Business Days after you discover the loss or theft of your Password or that an unauthorized Service Transfer has been made from any of your deposit or prepaid accounts, and we can prove we could have stopped someone from making a Service Transfer without your authorization if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500.
Furthermore, if any account statement shows Service Transfers that you did not make, tell us AT ONCE. If you do not tell us within sixty (60) days after a statement showing such a Service Transfer was transmitted to you, you may not be reimbursed the money you lost after the sixty (60) days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you had told us in time.
If a good reason, such as a long trip or hospital stay, kept you from telling us, we may extend the time periods.
Back to top
Deposit and prepaid accounts are FDIC insured to the fullest extent allowed by law.
JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. Equal Opportunity Lender
Investment products and services are offered through J.P. Morgan Securities LLC (JPMS), a member of FINRA and SIPC. JPMS is an affiliate of JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. Products not available in all states.
INVESTMENT PRODUCTS ARE:
- NOT INSURED BY FDIC
- NOT A DEPOSIT OR OTHER OBLIGATION OF, OR GUARANTEED BY, JPMORGAN CHASE BANK, N.A. OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES
- SUBJECT TO INVESTMENT RISKS, INCLUDING POSSIBLE LOSS OF THE PRINCIPAL AMOUNT INVESTED.
Back to top